Thursday 31 May 2007

Another First

yeah...this time around was me in the kitchen...COOKING. So, I got up late today, missed my breakfast and didn't get the time to make lunch. Thank God I saved a pack of cherry yogurt, so that made my breakfast. Had a sleepy day at office. With John (the person to whom I report) on a holiday, I spent the pre-lunch session making cosmetic changes in my project. In the post lunch session, I made up on orkut and youtube (hehe...confessions contd.), made coffee and planned about the weekend. I did a lot you see....
Sick of packed food and noodles and buns and cheese and jam and peanut butter and bread (in short, the English food), I decided to make paneer bhurjee. With the recipe pappa mailed me and excitement, I went to The Spar to get the stuff required. After spending about 7 pounds on the same (and yeah...bought the pack of the coconut chocolate donuts) and helping a man to lift his crates of beer, I returned home and started preparing for the mega dinner.
Everything looked like going smoothly until I added the so called cottage cheese into it. After cooking the 'stuff' for about 10 min on high flame, it started coagulating. Now what I had in hand looked like someone had scrapped the entire topping with the cheese from a fresh veggie pizza and made it into a lump. It tasted the same but the salt was way too much. I could only bear one bite of the thing I had made. So for the remaining part of it, I got some toilet paper and wrapped it inside its layers. Baked one more of the garlic naan and stuffed it while expploring the backyard. So much for my 'mega dinner'.
Then I ironed my clothes and it looked fun. So I ironed my jackets and hankerchiefs and if at time Mark had come to give his clothes, I would have done them too. Yeah it was fun....
In the meantime I also washed my bed sheet and the pillow covers over which I had spilled a glass of coke the last week....and at the end of it all I am damn tired. And I dont know what came to my mind when I made this entry in my blog.
But of course....I miss the food.....buhuhuhu....

No comments: