Friday 25 May 2007

The Union

Yeah thats what they call it here....its the Wednesday night bash. So this time around my flatmates Mark and Ludi asked me to go with them to the university where Ludi studies and Mark studied (he works in P&G remember....) for the union as they call here....and thats what u get to see in those american pie flicks.
I said "Okay but I wont fit there...", but I cant say no for long. So I took the red striped kurta or the kurta-shirt (or may be the shirt.....i dont know what exactly is that thing) and put that on and prepared myself for a can or two.So we walked in some 'galiyans' unknown to me but mark was moving briskly as he told me about the neighbors and the students nearby. And finally when we made there, my eyes went on those micro minis and the smooth legs beneath them....and yes those deep neck and short length tops. Ludi had already left us for his friends and so I and Mark made our way through the pack of quite hot looking people as they cheered for their clubs who were playing football...I dont exactly remember which clubs were they as I was more interested in the girl with those clothes on....but I think it was chelsea vs liverpool.
So right there Mark asked me for a drink and as always I could not say no. So he came with two huge tumblers of beer (i hadnt had that much of coke at a go). So we made our way through the crowd into some place. And yes this place was named 'medicine' as when we were coming, I saw that green name shine (and I thought it was a clinic or a dispensary..hehe).
Now Mark met one hot looking girl with that frilled denim micro mini and a great figure and a great face and an ultra deep neck white top which only made sure that she does not go topless right there. And I tell you it made sure only that bit of it. Everything else was visible. And not to mention she was with a stud looking guy. So Mark introduced me to the people around as we made to the seating area which was partially covered with a wooden roof. Seated around us were people, some of whom were showing off their tattoos which were quite close too their butts and the rest were chatting about the match. So Mark started his piece of gossip and they all joined in with the stud guy not that interested. And Mark came up with all the sexual encounters and his ex and their professors and even the hot girl's mom, while I kept on looking at her top and waited for it to give way (yeah I confess...).Meanwhile I hadnt made up with Mark's pace with which he finished his tumbler. My head had already started wobbling but I kept on trying not to pass out as that would have been very embarrassing for me (yaar I had only 1 tumbler and that too of beer...that sure would have been embarrassing). Mark made sure that I was completely at home and involved me into their gossip. But all I was interested in was the girl. And then Mark went away to get another mug.
To my horror, he came back with something that he called a light spanish beer for me. By that time I had already started to feel dizzy and vomity...and yet again I started thinking about the next huge ladder to climb. This time I could not stay on for long and told Mark that I was through. To my embarrassment, he emptied the whole bottle in his mug in front of that girl (fuck that....I cannot even make up on 2). We got up and I felt my head wobbling and my feet trembling. But I managed to prevent my feet from loosing the ground. As he introduced me to his other friends, I somehow felt that there was quite a bit of anti asianism there.Anyways, we came out and walked and Mark showed me his department and the other buildings. Then he met some of the girls he knew and they told him about all the fun they were going to have that night. So we went to yet another bar which was much more quieter. Mark made the payment for yet another mug but I had already told him that I was through. All I needed was to piss. And so I did. On our way back Mark told me about the horse hair and paraffin wax building in the campus which was always on the priority list of the fire dept. We also talked about Stavarrous and his habit of leaving everything for granted and the greek men and the university and the inter college events and more stuff like that. All I was thinking of was about the work tomorrow and what excuse I would have to make if I did not get up.
So I went to bed at 12 and slept like I hadnt slept for ages at a stretch. I left a note at Mark's door about waking me up if I dont make it on time. Anyways I got up as usual with no headache or anything. But that was a nice little experience....and yes Mark had been great. He is a kind of guy who you may see like a racist but he has been great with me. We also ordered a pizza, after which I had started writing this page....
Anyways Pray that I have a nice weekend ahead....

No comments: