Friday 18 May 2007

The alien soil.....

So today it starts....but there have been a lot of events in my life that I would have liked to scribble down....it's late...but it's never late.
I sit in my not so big room that thankfully the company has funded.Prices are quite high in a place like this.Its an alien land.My first trip so far from home....
Its lonely and its cold and its cloudy.The typical English weather.With nothing to do, I practice to get my fingers moving quickly across the keyboard and what goes in here is just what is on my mind at this moment...
The theme of Forrest Gump plays in the background and remind of some beautiful things that happened in my life...
Its quite lonely in here...dont know many people in Englefield Greens.53,Cherrywood Avenue is my address for the coming 8 weeks...n I have no idea how to spend them.So I write a blog on this friday night, thinking of the weekend ahead.
Well its quite nice to be in England...its my first trip to Europe and the second one outside India.
I find this place very different from my homeland.The sun sets at 9:30 in the evening and is up by 3:30.It rains and then the sun comes up in the clear sky and then the wind blows and it rains.Strange weather huh...
People are quite nice from outside but I have no idea what impression they keep of a brown boy who sometime asks them how to get around places in the UK.Flatmates are nice people. Always ask me if their is any problem and keep the courtesy to walk down the room and ask me about the day in the evening.There is Mark, the eldest one around, is a chemist.Nice guy...I often walk down to him with a pile of railway and bus pamphlets asking him routes and ways to get around England. He is a regular traveler and a frequent flyer.Always says "Take the flight...it reaches quickly"...hehe...but he's a nice guy...a proud British and the one to whom I talk the most.
Then there is Ludawich (I donno whether it spells like this or not but I prefer calling him Ludi :))...a french-british and was around when I first made to this place.A great guy and looks dudish...hehe and then there is Stavarrouss (another spelling mistake I guess...I call him Staff though), the guitarist and the one people know the least about.He's quite infamous for choking the toilet with a whole stack of toilet napkins.
This place is very different from India.Somethings I like...somethings I dont.People are nice.They talk in a respectable tone and the thing I like is they wish each other often.And god this country has got a lot of money to shower on its people.State of the art and expensive public transport, system, procedures and the incredible thing is that the public amenities are the most reliable...take the local water supply for instance.And this place is quite green.Hope it was the same case with India...
I come here to an abrupt end as I am feeling dizzy with sleep...will continue it furthur

No comments: