Sunday 20 May 2007

weekend....ahhh

First weekend...boring enough....nothing to do
So I got up at 12:30 in the morning(you may call it afternoon...but thats morning for me), made myself a toast and tea...took a bath, and then sat down to plan the day.Mark had been around with his girlfriend early morning as I heard their voices...but for now the place was empty.
So I made maggi for the lunch and prepared myself for 'the Tom Hanks starrer The Green Mile'. You see I make most out of the free internet that the landlord has made available to us. Mark returned and as usual gave a knock.He works every time.He works for P&G and thats quite a famous household name in India as well.
With nothing to do,I planned a visit to a nearby supermarket,the Spar.It was not as big as the Tesco's or the Sainsbury's ,but was like the small supermarkets we have in India.Got myself some usual day to day stuff and spent 6.13 pounds on that....thats expensive.With a plastic bag in hand,I planned to take a walk through the cemetery.It was a nice and a quite place.With no one around, I took out my mobile camera phone and took some snaps.There I could read many tombstone with engraved on it, dates as back as 1862.And there was a church on the cemetery campus.It was nice to see how much respect people give to their dead here.The place was one of the greenest place I had ever seen.The campus was huge.So I took the road that was familiar with me to get back to the apartment.
For the dinner, I prepared myself a pack of cup noodles which tasted okay.Popped in a coconut chocolate dougnut which tasted like heaven and sipped a cup of Coke.
Then I made an ambitious plan to visit Scotland for the next weekend that was a long one on account of a bank holiday coming up and slept.
And thats what you call a boring weekend......

No comments: